soci350essay

Monday, May 29, 2006

What do you think about this?

Hi, everyone,
I need some ideas about online romantic relationship. I have read the article on the course reader. I think the author focuses on the online romance which happens before they meet face-to-face. How about the two people meet offline first and then mantain the relationship via the Internet? What's the difference between these two kinds of online relationship?
As Aaron Ben-Ze'ev mentioned in the article, attractiveness and praiseworthiness are the two basic evaluative patterns of romantic love. When it happens online, people focus more on the appraisal of other characteristics cos they can't see their online partners. Compared with offline relationship, it is true. But when the webcam involves in online communication, will it change a little bit? Will the relationship be more similar to the offline one or even become no difference in certain aspacts?
I am looking forward to reading your opinions. Thanks!

2 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Maryka said...

Hi Cindy
Seems like you have formulated avery interesting question - "will the technology of Webcams change the online relatiionships making them more similar to off line ones?". Try Googling "webcams and online romance" , see if there is any studies already done in the area. I doubt you will find anything - but its worth a try :-)
Mary

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Hi Mary,
Thank you for your comment.I have got some materials from Rosemary and the Internet.After I read them, I found the topic is more interesting than I thought:)I am wondering if I can express my opinions well in my essay,cos I am still not so confidient of my writing:(Anyway, I will try my best!Have a good day-off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home